Those of you that have followed/worked with me over the years will know that I LOVE a ‘multi wear’ piece.
What is a multi-wear piece? I hear you ask….. well it is what it says on the tin.
An item that can be worn in multiple different ways. This isn’t about wearing it with jeans or a skirt as different looks but more about wearing the actual item in different forms.
Multi wear items are real hero pieces for me because it means you can have a really considered capsule wardrobe (better for the planet and also your bank balance) but within it so many ‘looks’.
Shirts for example are great ‘multi-wear’ items as they are so versatile, especially if you get a massive one.
Shirt - multi-wear ideas:
- Tuck the collar in for a collarless blouse look.
- Button the top 2 buttons and tuck the fabric into the back of your trousers for a crop top version.
- Tie up as a halter via the sleeves
- Tie up the front
- Wear open as a duster for layering
- Wear it as a dress and belt it
- Button up and tucked in for a more tailored look
- Fully unbuttoned and plunging whilst tucked into to something high waisted.
- Worn back wards and tucking the collar in will leave you with a backless look
Another great go to for me are scarves.
Scarves are a great versatile piece regardless of size.
Smaller scarves work great as:
- Hair ties
- Face masks (non medical)Wrapped round your boot/converse
- Tied to a bag etc
Larger scarves work great as tops, skirts or even dresses if you can get them large enough.
Probably my favourite and more well-known version of the multi wear is how I style large scarves. Piano shawls or large vintage shawls work great as the fringing allows for a bit more drama, where as belly dancing scarves work beautifully as tie up tops with their beautiful coin detailing and bead work.
Piano shawls/ Sarongs
- Wrap as a skirt
- Cross and tie at the neck as a halter dress
- Tie at the bust as a bandeau dress
- Use as a duster/cover up
If there is enough fabric your options really are limitless.
So have a play and show us your looks!
Have a day as nice as your butt!